Development of wind energy in the Baltic Sea region Latvian perspective
June 11, 2004, Riga, Latvia
Radisson SAS Hotel Latvia
To improve the conditions for Wind Energy development in Latvia, providing training, informational and marketing support to the target groups on the base of cross-border co-operation with most wind-energy-developed European countries with further integration into European wind energy professional structures.
SMEs considering possibility of getting into wind energy business, entrepreneurs wanting to start SMEs for wind power development, local authorities as planners and decision-makers for wind energy development, wind energy specialists, researchers, potential investors to wind energy projects.
1. Promoting Baltic Sea region Wind Energy Association to Latvian wind
2. Elaboration of the first Latvian wind energy web site
3. Development of wind energy pilot distance training course which will contribute to the constant improvement of quality of the future wind power projects
4. Wind Energy Conference to be held in Riga within the project with participation of complementary INTERREG project partners will stimulate further development of wind energy in Latvia creating the basis of access to most contemporary European technologies in the area
5. Development of the Wind Energy Guide which will become the main working instruments for wind power project developers, planners and decision-makers as well as for potential wind projects investors
September 2003 August 2004